Public Relations and Marketing Department
Who we are
The Public Relations and Marketing Department of Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU) was established by the decision of the University’s Academic Board dated July 5, 2016 (Protocol No. 5).
The Public Relations and Marketing Department, which is a structural subdivision of Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University, undertakes the organization and regulation of marketing activities in order to establish relations with media and carry out public awareness of the faculties and structural subdivisions of the university, interaction with the academic staff members and students and their familiarization with the university’s implemented works and forthcoming plans, engagement of materials regarding the potential students, as well as education projects through promotion of ASOIU strengths.
What we do
Pursuant to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On Access to Information”, the Department is committed to providing information strategy, policy of work with advertising and press, conducting proper coordination and effective management of the university’s public relations, meeting the information needs of the general public about ASOIU, protecting and enhancing a transparent university image.
The intent of the Public Relations and Marketing Department is to organize the works in the field of media and public relations, media coverage of the university activities, promotion of educational, academic and scientific achievements both in local and international media outlets, to inform the university staff and students about the projects implemented within the institution and its upcoming tasks.
The PR Marketing Department is also responsible for
- Managing ASOIU website, updating daily news in Azerbaijani, English and Russian;
- Delivering regular reports on the university’s reforms, discoveries, inventions, activities of departments and laboratories;
- Preparing responses with the participation of the university structures when false information on ASOIU activities appears and is published in the media and taking measures to eliminate distortion;
- Organizing the participation of media representatives in ASOIU event;
- Ensuring the university's active involvement in social networks;
- Working with academic staff members and students, informing the staff about the university activities;
- Taking part in exhibitions, creation of modern advertising materials, souvenirs and implementing information and presentation activities;
- Maintaining relations with local and foreign higher education institutions, building and developing partnership initiatives;
- Forming and promoting optimal education services based on marketing research of the university's internal and external environment.
“Oil and Industry” magazine
As of October 2016, the Public Relations and Marketing Department of ASOIU has begun publishing the “Oil and Industry” magazine. The 80-page magazine, published once a month, is available in two languages – Azerbaijani and English. Alongside with including articles about the university and student life, the magazine also gathers important news, author articles, and interviews in the field of oil, industry and economy both in Azerbaijan and around the world. “Oil and Industry” magazine is designed not only for the university but also for a wide audience of readers across the country.
|Name and Surname||Position|
|Gunel Taghiyeva||Public Relations Manager|
|Shabnam Memmedli||Internal Communications Manager|
|Yusif Agayev||Publishing and Digital Security Manager|
|Elshad Mirze||Photo and Video Editor|
|Leyla Abbasova||Designer and Content Manager|
|Gamar Ibrahimova||Practical Internship Specialist|
|Shahin Goyushov||Head of Practical Internship Division|
|Contact number||+994 12 493 14 63|