ASOIU Summer School 2018
5th-18th August 2018
AZERBAIJAN STATE OIL AND INDUSTRY UNIVERSITY
For the second time Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University offers a unique opportunity for a selected group of highly-motivated and prospective students (undergraduate and graduate) to experience top-class and challenging university-level summer school.
The Summer School focuses on:
The Current Status of the Global Oil Market and challenges of a post – oil economy.
The Current Status of the Global Oil Market
- Oil as a Limited Natural Resource: Current Status of Global Oil Reserves,
- Changes in Global Energy Consumption: Rising Awareness of Climate Change,
- Structure of Global Oil Market: Power Relations and Lack of Transparency.
Issues faced by Oil Exporters and Importers and the Recent Oil Crisis
- Social Injustice and Disparities in Oil-Exporting Countries,
- Political Struggles for Hegemony in Oil-Exporting Countries: Case Study on Qatar, Iran and Saudi-Arabia,
- Issues of Energy Security in European States as Importing Countries,
- The Causes for the Crisis: Crowding-out Effects and Dutch Disease.
Post-Oil Era: Alternatives to Oil and Ways Forward: Investing in the Future: Alternative Energy Sources
- Critical Discussion and Comparison of Solar, Wind and Water Energy Production,
- Investing in the Future: Education as the Key to Transformation,
- The Role of Good Governance and Transparency in Post-Oil Era.
Approaches of Selected States:
- Between Sustainability and Landgrabbing: Case Study: China,
- Preparing for a Post-Oil Society: Becoming the Hub between three Continents: Case Study: Saudi Vision 2030.
Developing a Future Vision:
- Fictional debate between representatives of oil exporting and importing countries in search of a path for the future,
- “The Stone Age did not end for lack of stone, and the Oil Age will end long before the world runs out of oil”.
- Broaden economical and scientific knowledge
- Earn academic credit (3 ECTS)
- Improve language und intercultural skills
- International contacts
- Creativity, fun and experience
- Undergraduate, graduate and PhD students from business, economics, engineering and other relevant specializations.
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University Camp
Mirali Qashqai str. 44
*Transfer from/to camp will be provided
Once you decide to apply for ASOIU Summer School, please send an e-mail (e-mail address). You will then receive a personalized registration link to our online application portal. You will be asked to upload the following documents:
Transcripts of Records
Application deadline: 02.06.2018 for international students
30.06.2018 for local students.
Acceptance decisions will be made exclusively based on the students’ qualifications and the fit with the offered specialization. Competitive entry: We reserve the right to decline applicants.
Applicants will be notified about the outcome of the review and selection-process by the mid of June 2018.
Please note that it is the student’s obligation to take care of visa arrangements for entry and the duration of their stay in Azerbaijan.
German students also can apply for DAAD Go East program scholarship. For more information: https://goeast.daad.de/de/
Accepted German students will receive a letter of acceptance from university in order to start visa processing with the Azerbaijani Embassy. For more information regarding visa issues visit the website of the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to Germany:
Participation fee is 650 Euro and covers:
- Participation to all sessions;
- Study materials;
- Guided Excursions;
- Use of the sports facilities at the university ( or hotel)
- Transportation during the program (Transfer from / to airport included)
- Opening and Closing events;
- Cultural programs;
- Meal three times a day;
- Coffee breaks;
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
*Payment will be through bank transfer within 2 weeks after receiving of approval.
Here below you can see photos from ASOIU Summer School 2018